Dive In

Reason #52 for avoiding the creation of a blog: the name and setup deter the creative process. The writing is usually the easy part for me. I constantly have these ideas floating through my mind; many I share & receive positive feedback on, the others... well, I'll just try to filter those out... that's why Jesus invented the "draft" option.

Back to the name and setup. Naming the source of all your vulnerability thrust out into the world is, surprisingly, the most difficult part. First, you have to convey your style in a very short web address. Second, you must keep trying your address ideas until there is a name that is available. For instance, my first choice:
"IsometimesLiketoEatAWholeCartonOfIceCreamWhileBingeWatchingGilmoreGirls" was taken. Well, it probably wasn't actually taken, but it doesn't capture my direction either... or will it?!?!

Ultimately, I found "Educate My Heart" to embody what I'd like to share through this blog. When I venture out to learn something new, I don't want it to stop at my mind; I want it to resonate with my heart and become part of me. One of my favorite quotes of all time can be found at the top of my syllabus each year:

"The world is a university and everyone is a teacher...when you wake up in the morning, be sure you go to school."             -Bishop TD Jakes

I see the world as a place where I can learn so many things from so many people. I am constantly seeking out new ways to think about old topics so that A. I can keep an open mind, and B. I can be surprised a little every day.

I hope to convey this love for learning through this blog. If I've learned anything as a teacher, it's that I often find myself in the role of student. I hope to use this blog as another opportunity to be a student; I thank you in advance for anything you add that will help me open my mind wider and help me see life in new and interesting ways.

Kristy


Comments

Popular Posts